Webcasting is the live streaming of video and audio content over the internet to be viewed by a remote audience and the terms are often used interchangeably.
Webcasting has generated a lot of attention in the live events industry and provides huge benefits to companies and guests alike. These include:
- Extending the reach of your live event experience and its message – with the internet being more accessible than ever, webcasting can help you reach a far wider audience with your message than any event space has capacity to hold
- Increasing your live event’s ROI and reducing event costs
- Overcoming geographical boundaries and time constraints
- Reducing the environmental footprint of your live event and business
- Convenience – on-demand viewing can be done in the comfort of the home or office
Webcasting is an extremely effective tool for enhancing and extending the overall event experience, building customer relations, boosting exposure, launching products and strengthening a brand. It’s a great option for many live event types, in particular:
- Corporate Events
- Conferences and exhibitions – consider video and testimonial interviews from event attendees, or live streaming of presentations?
- Gala dinners & awards nights – a live webcast can increase attendance, exposure and drive a higher profile and on-demand webcasts can be used for post-event marketing
- AGMs – a live stream can be useful for shareholders unable to attend the live event
- Product launches – a live webcast for the release of embargoed information is a great option and also works well for product demonstrations, tutorials and customer support
The options are endless. Contact us if you would like to discuss how to integrate live streaming or webcasting into your next event